Walking the Kokoda Track involves 50 hours of hiking over 90km of sharp, timbered ridges, steep-sided valleys and fast flowing rivers. Vantage points along the Track reveal magnificent mountain landscapes, and a wide variety of flora and fauna is encountered. Trekkers pass through local villages where descendents of the wartime "fuzzy wuzzy angels" continue to live simple traditional lifestyles while providing a warm welcome to passing trekkers.
Kokoda track highlights
- Accurate and balanced history delivered by your Australian Guide
- Understand what Australian and Japanese soldiers endured during WWII
- Amazing terrain and river crossings (great swimming)
- Walk through the most pristine rain forests in the world
- Wonderful people with beautiful singing voices
- Undertake something that will push your body and spirit to new levels
Your trek inclusions
- Hand selected and trained Australian and Local Guide for the entire expedition
- Electrolyte supplement such as Hydralyte, essential for such a trip
- All domestic schedule flights
- Satellite phone for emergency purposes
- AED Defibrillator on all Australian Led trip
- River rescue team and procedures, essential for large rivers
- Government Taxes (except visa charge and civil aviation terminal facilities charge)
- Shower tent to wash with soap and protect the environment. Hot showers are available.
- 10 delicious breakfasts, 9 nutritious lunches, 9 fresh dinners. Meals on expedition include Curries and Pasta. All prepared by a trained Master
- Chef. (Dietary requirements can be incorporated)
- All transfers including those from the airport and from Owers Corner
- Visit Bomana War Cemetery
- Nutritious and delicious food for Porter team who deserve the best.
- All accommodation outside of Port Moresby in either insect proof tents or guest houses
- Kokoda Track Permit
- Hand selected Guide and porter team (who carry all group equipment, food, set up tents etc)
- 1 to 1 Porter-Client ratio
- A rubbish Porter that takes all our rubbish and other operators rubbish from the Track
- Tent hire and floor mats.
- 2 nights accommodation in Port Moresby twin share (4 star Holiday Inn : the best in Port Moresby)
- Dinner on the last night at hotel
- Snack Pack for each expedition day to get you between meals
- VHF Radio contact with Port Moresby, Kokoda and 10 other Track villages for emergency purposes.
- No Roads Expedition T-shirt
- Urine and health chart
Your Kokoda track itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Port Moresby.
Day 2: Fly to Popondetta and drive to Kokoda for start of trek. Trek to Deniki
Day 3: Deniki to Alola via Isurava Battlefield. Visit Con's Rock along the way
Day 4: Alola to Templeton's Crossing One (Dump 1). Visit Japanese artillery placement and many foxholes
Day 5: Templeton's Crossing One to Kagi via Kagi Gap or Myola. Kagi was home to the last Fuzzy Wuzzy Angel on the Track who sadly passed away in December 2017
Day 6: Rest in the village on the Sabbath.
Day 7: Kagi to Menari via Brigade Hill
Day 8: Menari to Nauro
Day 9: Nauro to Vuale Creek. Today we will pass through Iorabawa and Ofi Creek.
Day 10: Vuale Creek to Owers Corner. Then on to Port Moresby. Visit